Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Travel Fellowship

The opportunity to travel Europe would be awesome and the first place I'd want to go is Italy. The historical architecture in Rome peaks my interest the most. I am especially interested in seeing the chapels and cathedrals. As a Digital Media major, there are a multitude of audio and video projects that I could make. Going to Italian theaters to see stage plays and movies would be right up my ally. I must admit Cinema Paradiso is the only Italian film that I've seen, and it was pretty good, and it would be really beneficial to familiarize myself with more foreign films. I want to experience the Italian culture and my work would definitely benefit from knowledge i'd gain. Not to mention, this Travel Fellowship would look awesome on my resume. My job requires me to interact with many different types of people on a daily basis and I've found that I'm a real people person, and I think that the person who is awarded this fellowship should be able to represent herself and MCA to the best. I'm really good at adapting to unfamiliar situations and through past experiences, I'm able to work well regardless of conditions. Granted that I'm new to digital media, I think that this could be a sweet advantage. I used to be a sculpture major, and I learned to really appreciate the sculptural aspects art ( and Italy has some AMAZING sculptures. I want to see, up close, the work of some of the greatest artists who have ever lived. I've studied so many great works and the chance to travel to the places that I've been marveling at in my art history books would be greatly inspiring. I also hear that real Italian food is like nothing we'd buy here.

Thinking about my goals at the beginning of the semester, I was really open minded to all aspects of digital media because I'd just changed my major. I'm really happy i did this because I now know that this is where I'm supposed to be. I'm starting to think that I want to work with live action video with more focus on creating post-production effects. So far, I've got one digital cinema class, digital imaging, and sound acquisition and editing under my belt. I honestly haven't done much traveling and my summers are usually spent working. It would be really nice to take a summer off and be paid to experience something as amazing at traveling out of the country. I only have one year left in school and I have never left the country and I know that an opportunity like this Travel Fellowship probably wont come up again. Plus, my GPA is looking pretty good at the moment so I would probably be a good candidate. If given the chance, I'd also travel to France, Amsterdam, and the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment