Monday, October 3, 2011

My Meeting with Gadsby

After meeting with Gadsby, I now have a better idea of where I should be headed at this point. We talked about how my current internship is going and even though I have been offered a full-time job after graduating, I still want to expose myself to as much as possible while I still have time. I have already used up my for-credit internships and I'm not at the point where I'm ready to apply for any jobs; so my plan for now is to gain as much experience as possible in TV and film before I graduate. That way, I can gain more the skills that are in demand for jobs. I also want my resume to be as impressive as possible. She recommended that I apply for more internships; however, if the internship is strictly for students gaining credit then I should still call these places to see if I can intern, shadow, or tour.

Recommended Local Internships:
Im going to visit each one of these places for a tour. Just to get a feel for the type of atmosphere each one of these places has and to gain some new contacts.

WMC TV 5
Internship information:
WMC-TV 5 is proud to offer a limited number of internships each semester. Students will work closely with news professionals to gain a better understanding of the news process. Students will learn the basics to news writing, researching and gain experience with production techniques.
1960 Union Ave
901-722-7827
contact: Clint Moore


WREG-TV
803 Channel 3 Drive
901-543-2161

Palm Coast Imports
3059 Forest Hill Irene Road
901-494-1903

Running Pony Productions- Graphic/Animation Assistant
1770 Kirby Parkway
901-683-6693

Insurance Media Services
1440 Central Ave
901-302-9755

WYPL FM 89.3
3030 Poplar Ave
901-415-2757

No comments:

Post a Comment