Monday, October 24, 2011

Demo Reel Reviews

This is a student demo reel that i found on youtube. I would say this is a kinda bad one. I like the way that this one starts and moves into the text, but after that I got bored. It starts pretty fast paced and explosive, then we have the 3d animations which are slow and makes you wanna hit the stop button. The biggest problem with this demo reel is that it has no direction. This person is pretty much showing off everything instead of one type of media. The web design should come out and the vector animaition runs too long. Oh and the titles above the animations are unecesscary in my opinion.

Okay this is a really bad one!
another student demo reel...first of all, there's no sound. I will give them credit for the logo at the begining and end but that's all that's there. the quality of the film is really bad and the clips just run too long. everything is just really random. Plus the work in itself is bad.


This one is actually pretty cool! My attention is held throughout and I just want to keep looking. All of the graphics move with the music (which makes it more aesthetically pleasing) and the work is NICE. Unlike the other demo i reviewed, the text labeling the work didn't bother me because the reel transitioned really nicely.


I like this one, but at the same time I don't. The soundtrack and clips work really well together but i feel like im watching a lot of the same thing over and over again. i found myself turning this one off halfway through.


I think this one works pretty well for what it is. This one is a company showing off what it can do for prospective clients. I've seen better, but this one works well for me. This is a good example of grabbing the viewer at the opening. The text and the sound effects really pulled me in. I would love to work with text in after effects.


I think i fell in love with this one at about 20 seconds in. My eyes were glued to this video. I felt like i was watching one continuous video of something really cool. these shots were put together gorgeously and are complemented greatly by the music. The music drives the pace of the demo reel . This is just absolutely gorgeous.


Im diggin this one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment