Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Travel Fellowship

Amanda Willoughby
Travel Fellowship Proposal
I’ve always wanted to make the most of my college experience. No matter what I’m working on I put the best effort in, to get the best experience and results out. I would love to use the travel fellowship as an opportunity to document a personal quest. Furthermore, Italy would be the ideal location for my travel experience. Its is a beautiful country full of rich culture and history. My project I would like to create documentary depicting my personal journey of discovery and self-growth in an unfamiliar place with new experiences. I’ve never left the country before, so this honor wou ld be an extremely exciting thing for me.
During the course of my travel, I would like to address a few questions in detail. What is a typical day like for the average Italian? What makes Italian food so unique? What kind of history can I find in the art and architecture? How will I react to my first trip abroad? How does Italian culture differ from American cinema?
The classes I’ve taken here at MCA pertaining to digital media are Digital Cinema, Dynamic Imaging, and Sound. The coursework for these classes have left me with very good skills in Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Logic, and After Effects. I’ve also been working on an internship in filming and editing for the past year. I’ve gained endurance and a real love for filmmaking over the past year. I was even inspired to change my major from sculpture to digital media with only three semesters left in school.
I’ve chosen Rome as my main city of interest. I’m interested in the history behind the city and how it has shaped the city into what it is today. To find the answers I need, I would first make sure that I’m well read in anything that I dive into. Asking informed questions is the best way to get quick and directed information. Secondly, I’d partake in as many tours as possible – Colosseum, Pantheon, St Peter’s Basillica, boat tours, ext.
To find out more about everyday life, I’ll put my people skills to use- talking to locals and getting to know more about them. I’d use these times as opportunities to record conversations. Everything will be recorded in both writing and some digital format.
To sum up, for the summer of 2012, I believe that I would make a good candidate for the Travel Fellowship. I have the passion, drive, and skills to function abroad and make the most of this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment