Thursday, November 10, 2011

Final Project - The Magician's Act

We open with a magician on stage. He doesn't look like a normal magician ( he's actually dressed like a wizard). He does his first trick- sprinkling magic dust on and object - then steps back to let the audience see the magic, but nothing happens. Then his hat falls over and a dead rabbit falls out. The magician squeals and tosses it under his table quickly. Next he pushes out a tank of water and submerges himself in upside down. he drops his key and is forced to use his emergency hammer to get out (spashing the bored crowd). For his last trick he blows himself up accidentally, then the audience finally gets up to cheer.

3 comments:

  1. This seems like a very grim idea, but I think it will be interesting for you to depart and try out different genres. I'm kind of wondering how him being dressed up as a wizard fits in with your piece? Is he trying to transition from wizard to magician? and why would he? etc., so that's what I'm confused about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely humorous. Reminds me of Michael Scott (The Office) and his bungled escapist magic trick. I'm anxious to see your story boards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a good idea. The piece seems to be pretty well thought out, and more importantly, doable. I do agree with Kaitlyn though: why is he dressed like a wizard and not a magician? Honestly, it may be okay, I just need to see some drawn out ideas in class.

    ReplyDelete