Monday, August 29, 2011

Digital Diorama- Assignment 1 writeup


From the jump I knew that I wanted to deal with textures for this project; it was the first thing that popped into my head. I found some artificial leaves and decided that those would be my objects of choice to animate. I didn't go with too many leaves because i thought it might distract from the rest of the scene. I went with the scene of the last leaves falling during an autumn sunset. I personally think autumn is the best season of the year: it feels great outside, the colors outside are gorgeous, and my favorites clothes are all meant for the season.
I started by scanning in the leaves. I used the texture of the brightest leaf as the background sun. for my hills, i scanned the sleeve of my jacket: played with the distances by varying the closeup of the stitching. For the trees i used the texture of the mousepad and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. im not one hundred percent sure i did everything correctly when it came to image sizing, but i think its okay.
I have played with adobe AE before, but this will be my first time using it for animating so im pretty excited to learn how all this works.

I really got into making this diorama and there's some more elements that I would like to later add to this piece.






No comments:

Post a Comment